Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hurts So Good!

Yesterday and today were more painful during the machine decompressions. More icing (!) -  but we're getting past the tight muscles and decompressing the vertebrae that are causing the pinched nerves in my neck that effect my arms. Lots of new tingling and burning of my face, arms, hands and lower back.

I get a break from appointments tomorrow and then start up again Thursday, but I keep up my daily exercises.

When I go into Disc and Spine I do warm-up exercises that take about a half hour. These include balancing and wobbling with weights, stationary neck traction, 'fulcrum' and core strength exercises, and so on, at different stations there. While I and others do our workouts, we talk about our issues - how we got where we are physically and what we've tried so far, our worst symptom and our lives in general.

I am amazed by these talks - the number of people who have hurt their backs and how they have been to chiropractors, physical therapists, and doctors for years - like me. I'm also amazed at how many people I know (that responded to my email) that are in some kind of therapy for back pain. (I'm Prayin'!)  I had no idea - I thought everyone complained as much as I do!

This past Sunday we had our Parish Young Adults Group meeting here for dinner and pool, ping pong, 'nerf gun' wars and other games. What a fun group. We've had several of these 'parties' over the last few years and always have a good time. Our Parish Prior came for awhile, dinner was chili - dessert was cookies - perfect! Frank and his girlfriend Theresa came also, and we had about 50 'kids'. There's nothing like 'young' energy!

I hope to have more pics later today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment