Thursday, March 14, 2013

Neck, Back, and Appliance Troubles

I came upon this prayer in my Missal last week: Third Sunday of Lent, Gradual prayer (to the right-scroll up) and thought it was a perfect prayer for me - and this blog. It is funny and uncanny!

As I head into week 5 of treatments/exercises I can say that although I am much better and the decompressions and exercise are less painful, I am not 'cured' completely yet. I am much more flexible - spine/discs and overall. My balance is better and my family says I look straighter and am doing my usual housework more easily. These websites have much more information if you are interested:www.diskandspinenorthwest.com  and
http://pettibonsystem.com/about/how-pettibon-works.

So, I keep plugging away... I am invoking all your prayers when I pray and I also pray for your intentions. Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts.

Mom and I are having a puzzle 'challenge' this winter - yes it's still winter here - and here's mine BEFORE I finished it. She sent me this puzzle and I just love the birds. Maybe she'll send me a picture of her puzzle to put on the blog -hint!




I received some positive feedback from several of you about the cookie molds. Here's our pictures of this week's cookie making - cleaned up a little first! (The entire kitchen, myself, the floor and most of my kitchen gadgets were covered with cookie mess or  powdered sugar and flour.) 

The cookies dry for 2 -3 days before baking. This is so the pictures will be dry & solid and make it through the baking process. They puff up during baking from the middle of the cookie leaving the top intact - we hope.



The 'cleaned up' version of our table on cookie making day.


Cookies waiting to dry. These Springerle cookies take most of the day to make and then clean up after.


The really large cookie mold above (13" d) is the Nativity Scene surrounded by animals, and then fruit/plants (Creation). It's from 1654 AD - so it says on the mold. The original carving (very detailed!) was obviously made crooked over time. It's hard to get a proper exact size cookie from it as it is warped. So we use just the center Nativity. That's powdered sugar on the readied molds.


Liz made some colored chocolate candies in our candy molds for the St. Joseph Table -  and our Easter.





Bob and I are replacing our water heater this week - last week it was the fridge - and we're looking at a new washer/dryer soon. Over our married years I've learned that appliances always seem to go at the same time!

Next week I'll show pictures and explain the Anniversaries of the Heart cross stitch project I'm sewing  - when I finish it (in a year maybe) it will be a real keepsake. I'm very proud of it not just because it's a lot of work, but because every family member on both sides of our families is represented and their block is full of the colors and symbolism I've chosen for them. What they have meant as part of my life all these years. While I sew I think about that family member, which is really nice - to spend time with my fondest memories of them.

xox



2 comments:

  1. Sherry, you have always been the most talented and creative person I have ever known. I'm so pleased to see you are making good progress in your treatment.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reply, here's an appropriate quote I just found, for you, (don't know who said it!):

    "God would not have made me this creative if He wanted me to clean!"

    Hahahaha...Thanks for the good wishes!

    ReplyDelete