Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mango Sorbet

I have been eating this up!

I get the mangos at Costco (Champagne Mangos - 6 medium, or 4 large of any kind), peel them with a serrated peeler (messy - or Google how to use a knife), and cut as much mango flesh off the fruit as possible. 

I fill a Cuisinart (about 3/4 full) with the mango fruit as I go. Add 1/4 cup of liquid sweetener (one year I used Coconut Nectar, now I use local honey - both great) and 3 TBSPs of lemon or lime juice.  Blend until smooth.

Here's the valuable information: freeze in *one serving* containers like silicone ones that are muffin size, because it is like ICE if it's frozen in a large container like ice cream - you have to defrost all of it to get some. 

To me it is much more better tasting when it's frozen! A very light dessert.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good. Cuisinart, is that a food processor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuisinart is actually a brand name, but it's also slang for their food processor. It's smaller than the Kitchenaid I just posted but like it in many respects. Sorbet of any type would go great in Nevada!

    ReplyDelete