Monday, June 24, 2013

Cherry Season

Delicious with even half the sugar the recipe (Joy of Cooking) called for.

It's pretty obvious that the weather is cruddy, and I'm inside working on this Blog most of the day!

We've finally had some locally grown organic cherries at our market, so I experimented with the dehydrator and did some baking. The cherry pie and dehydrated cherries were a hit, but the cherry 'bars' I made were heavy and dry - no picture of those.

These came out very dark, almost raisin like and sweet.
The cherries were incredibly good, and I didn't want to waste them as fresh, local, organic produce is expensive and hard to come by up here. So, when it's cherry season again, I'll make pies and dry cherries for the winter.

x o x

1 comment:

  1. We love dried cherries! Try them in salads, it really perks things up.

    ReplyDelete