Monday, June 3, 2013

Sherry's New Toy



My new food dehydrator by Nesco. It has been in use daily since I got it - mostly with drying herbs that are coming up now in the garden. I also made some organic lemon zest (below) which smelled up the house very nice today. Liz and I really like homemade zest.




Bob worked really hard this past weekend in my garden - he's really not into 'gardening' so this was a real chore for him. I'm anticipating a big crop!




On my list for new appliances this year to make things a lot easier on my neck/back I have the new Heavy Duty Commercial Grade 7 qt Pro-line Kitchenaid Mixer;
and the new Kitchenaid Pro-line Commercial Grade Food Processor and Dicer:

Both are reduced price at Williams Sonoma, so I'm going to ask for gift certificates from there for birthdays, X'Mas, allowances, etc., until I have enough.

The bulging discs in my back have not un-bulged or un-pinched any nerves - so although I'm much stronger and more 'fluid' I am preparing for things to remain the same for a while. But I'll still do my tractions, exercises and twice monthly machine decompressions. I'll also have to make things as easy as possible in my everyday life. 

We never had our cabinets fitted for insides of any type (and  everything is piled on top of each other - pots, lids, pans, etc.)  and to get anything out of them I usually have to use disc damaging brute strength, or try to get on the floor and heft stuff around and pull out what I need, then get up - and do it all over again when I put it back. So we researched Rev-A-Shelf cabinet inners and we're fitting our handmade, non-standard cabinets with these - one cabinet at a time. Why is everything a chore!?



x o x

No comments:

Post a Comment