Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Same' Ol Same'Ol

This is my absolutely favorite picture!

I've been asked a lot lately how my discs in my neck and back are doing, so I thought I'd do an update.(If you want to find out more about my injuries and treatment, go to "Labels" in the bottom right hand column of this blog and click "Spine" and scroll down.)

So far, the exercises, decompression, and traction have loosened up the muscles protecting the spine/neck and back, but the discs are still pinching my nerves and I have a lot of symptoms from that: vertigo, constant pain and stiffness in my neck, back and arms. I can't write at all - not even a shopping list -
as have no fine motor control.  The slurring speech and heavy eyelids are better - the nerves are shifting under the pinching and do change around a little, so my symptoms do change

When they do decompression I can feel the pinched nerves being pulled; and my tongue, eyes, ear, ARMS!, fingers, leg muscles all have tingling and nerve sensations. I have to keep moving, the discs harden after ten or so minutes of not moving and it becomes like a hard nail pinching the nerves instead of a fingertip, then my symptoms really become worse and more noticeable. 

Sooooo...I'm still doing the exercises, machine decompressions, traction, chiropractor adjustments, physical therapy sessions and begging prayers and good thoughts! 

My spirits are good, but I'm seriously limited as to what I can do physically, and I easily poop out! But what a life, huh?
Not my favorite picture! White being the worst, then red, orange, yellow, green, and blue being cool. Blue/Green is normal.  Ouch!


x o x

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh,I had no idea you were still this bad! I'm so sorry to read this, prayers for you!!!

    ReplyDelete