Monday, September 2, 2013

In the Saddle Again

Since we haven't heard from Frank and Theresa, et al, lately, I decided to do some cross stitch on my Anniversaries of the Heart sampler. I left off working on my Mom's block which has lots of potted tulips on it - eventually! I'm really liking the pinks in it once I saw them. I found several mistakes in the border flowers of the right hand upper corner, so I'll have to take those out and redo them. Here's another look at what I've done so far.


''The holiest of all holidays are those
Kept by ourselves in silence and apart;
The secret anniversaries of the heart.''
-Longfellow

My Mom's block and my sister's on the left.

The entire top row of the sampler.





The 'folks' block...I still miss them.

My Dad's block...I miss him too.


x o x


1 comment: