Monday, April 21, 2014

Another Update



The MRI of my left hip shows an old tear of, and some degeneration of the labrum around the socket in the hip.  I remember tearing something there many years ago, in a Junior College Gymnastics class, and I've just lived with the stiffness and pain. It's gotten worse over the years and now I have to have surgery to fix the tear and stop the pain. I told the Dr. I want to put the hip surgery on hold until I get info from the soon-to-be-scheduled MRI of my shoulder.  

(MRI now happening this Friday...news next week.)

The shoulder injury is not healing on its own which indicates it also may be a tear requring surgery, the inflammation is constricting a lot of nerves and causing me to have everything from vertigo, to back spasms, slurred speech, shoulder/back pain, fatigue,  etc., so if I can choose to treat one area first - that would be the shoulder area! More news as I get it...

On May 3rd we're having a big barn/yard sale. I'm excited about that! I think that's the date, that Saturday, 8:30 - 3pm. Washer/dryer, clothes - new things, small electronics, books.....good stuff!

XOX


1 comment:

  1. Wow, isn't it amazing the things that can be found on an MRI? Technology! Here's hoping they get this all handled soon, and you can finally get relief from all this pain.

    A barn sale! Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete