Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Same Ole Same Ole


I saw my doctor yesterday and we had a very long, productive chat. The core of the talk was that I have a moderately severe injury causing "an array" of symptoms affecting a large area,  like in the picture below. Because the injury has been mis treated for so long, it's over 4 years old, it will take a long time to heal. Between now and year end, I'll continue to see the massage therapist to continue to soften the muscles around the shoulder injury, then the doctor will review and if I've leveled off he'll try some other technique. Right now the constant vertigo (not gunk related) and the involuntary squinting are the worst symptoms. I definitely can't  lift my arms without pain, and I'm very uncomfortable. If the  vertigo and squinting would stop I could manage. I can't write or paint and my right arm is weak and numb. The really hard part is that I have been sick continuously since July, and I've lost a lot of weight. 25-30 pounds. Having literally one virus after another on top of all of these nerve compression symptoms is very hard and has really taken a toll on me. Thanks to everyone's prayers, positive thinking and well wishes!


One of the blessings of going to this doctor at St.Like's Rehabilatation Center is I always see someone much worse off then I am - and they're usually younger too. Plus, the doctor and his staff don't treat me like my squinting, staggering,  slurring is weird, and the doctor is very funny.. So, still 

plugging away here...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sherry, so sorry to hear about you still being in pain! This sure goes on and on for you, but luckily it sounds like you may be getting the help you finally need. And the vertigo, isn't it the pits? I had that round of it in July and it just lingers, they can't find the source of mine. Nothing shows up, not in the MRI or anything. Prayers with you as always, have a great Thanksgiving, get the kids and Bob to do all the work, and you just enjoy having family around you!!

    ReplyDelete