Monday, February 17, 2014

Starting From Square One…Again!

Every time I go into Spine Team Spokane I learn something new about my conditions.  I am lucky enough to have about 5 separate problems with my ligaments, nerves, tendons, etc. They have all 'ganged' up on me and made my life a 'living hell'. 

However, I am acutely aware that things could be worse, and I should 'count my blessings'. And I do - I could probably count my blessings more often though!

Here's the latest laundry list of my conditions, and of course, although none of them can be treated by surgery and require more  work, at least two have been almost eliminated already through splinting and exercises:

Left neck pain/stiffness due to fall 34 years ago - almost gone due to exercises! I went to chiropractors for years because of this pain.

Right shoulder impingement, shoulder bursitis and tendonitis causing lots of nerve symptoms all over, including loss of fine motor hand\arm skills, vertigo, ear pains, stuffed up nose, slurred speech that comes and goes, back large muscle spasms, and on and on. Had a shot to reduce inflammation and help healing, and also to help me do exercises better. So far, pain is greatly reduced but other symptoms are not - yet!

Left  middle finger, 'trigger finger'- look up if you want, but almost all gone. This was very painful.

Right hip causing aching, pain and numb toes of both feet that worsens when standing. This coming Friday they will give my hip a 'numbness diagnostic shot'. I am praying this works. I've had this since before kids were born. Between this condition and the vertigo - caused by that nerve being pinched - I have a hard time walking.

Vertigo caused by a pinched shoulder nerve. I am doing exercises every day for this, but because the nerve is pinched the exercises only help the vertigo for a couple hours. This won't resolve until the shoulder swelling goes down and frees up the nerves.

I'm really happy about the neck pain being gone! Wow, after all of these years. So, I'm still trying to eliminate what's left (!) and in the meantime, I am sewing and decorating - but slowly for me. 

My new cookie mold - thanks to Mom - and in honor of the Little Sheep flock!
XOX

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like this clinic is just what you needed! I remember you being in pain when you lived near me. I'll keep praying for you!

    Tell Alta I love the new mold! Got my fabric today, need to iron it and get ready to go.

    No snow here, warm, nearly 70 just a few days ago. Windy though.

    ReplyDelete