Sunday, March 30, 2014

My 15 Year Old Quilt!


The quilting on this quilt reminds me of the many trips to the ocean, beaches, and TIDE POOLS we made for several years while we lived in Humboldt County. We had a wonderful time during those years, and I learned to piece quilts, too. When the tide at the ocean would form tide pools it would swirl around like this.

This is the first quilt top I've gotten back ( I picked out the quilting design, backing fabric, and batting) the store put it all together. I LOVE IT. The next one I'm having quilted is a 1930's reproduction quilt. It has Fan Blocks surrounded by different reproduction fabrics and white sashing.  More pictures to come.




The backing fabric.

---

2 comments:

  1. When I get the binding on I'll put a full picture of it up.It's really scrappy! Absolutely love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete